We are grateful you have welcomed us into your life at this time and we admire the faith and humility this first step represents on your part. It is our prayer that as we behold him, the Lord will bless our time together to build hope and direction into your life.
Privacy & Liability
Confidentiality is an important aspect of the counseling relationship. All regular communications between you and your counselor will be held in strict confidence. Our counselors will make every effort to help you find ways to resolve a problem privately. Exceptions to confidentiality include:
- When a person expresses intent to harm him/herself or someone else.
- Evidence or reasonable suspicion of abuse against a minor child, elder person, or dependent adult.
- If a subpoena or other court order is received directing the disclosure of information.
- When there is a need to consult with another counselor from our team (for areas of specialization).
- If a person persistently refuses to renounce a particular sin and it becomes necessary to seek the assistance of others in the church (typically a pastor, elder or other church leader) to encourage repentance, restoration and reconciliation (per Matthew 18:15-20).
The next step in the counseling process is to read our Liability Waiver and complete the Intake Form below, submitting it to us here on our website. Once we receive the completed form, one of our counselors will review it carefully and contact you about scheduling your first appointment. If you prefer a hard copy, please email us and include a mailing address so that we can send you a packet.
Just as we are committed to you, we ask that you commit to the counseling process by agreeing to a minimum of six sessions. The change process does not happen overnight, and we believe you will benefit most by persevering. We also ask that, should you decide to cancel a scheduled appointment, you provide us with 24-hour notice. This allows us to serve other clients and to make the best use of our time.
Typical counseling costs anywhere between $80-125 per session. At Beholding & Becoming, we do not want cost to hinder anyone from receiving compassionate counseling. Our rates for private counseling sessions are based on what we believe is fair in terms of compensating our staff, but also staying well below the average norm for this area.
- Each one-hour counseling session costs $50, or you may choose to pre-pay for a block of six sessions for $225.
- Our rates may be adjusted based on income levels and/or other contributing factors. This is at the sole discretion of each counselor and our Board of Directors. If you are awarded a scholarship, you will be required to sign a Scholarship Commitment Form.
- An initial 30-minute consultation is offered free of charge, either in person or via phone conference.
- Payment is required at the start of your first session. Checks should be made payable to Beholding & Becoming Counseling Services. Online payments may be posted here.
- If you attend one of our Partnering Churches, ask us about our reduced rates.
We look forward to coming alongside you with the hope and healing of God's Word. If you have additional questions, please don't hesitate to contact us.
In your beholding, may you become like him!