We are grateful you have welcomed us into your life at this time and we admire the faith and humility this first step represents on your part. It is our prayer that as we behold him, the Lord will bless our time together to build hope and direction into your life.
Privacy & Liability
Confidentiality is an important aspect of the counseling relationship. All regular communications between you and your counselor will be held in strict confidence. Our counselors will make every effort to help you find ways to resolve a problem privately. Exceptions to confidentiality include:
- When a person expresses intent to harm him/herself or someone else.
- Evidence or reasonable suspicion of abuse against a minor child, elder person, or dependent adult.
- If a subpoena or other court order is received directing the disclosure of information.
- When there is a need to consult with another counselor from our team (for areas of specialization).
The next step in the counseling process is to complete the Intake Form, which also includes our Informed Consent and Hold Harmless Agreement. Once we receive the completed form, one of our counselors will review it carefully and contact you about scheduling your first appointment. If you prefer a hard copy, please email us and include a mailing address where we can send the forms.
Just as we are committed to you, we ask that you commit to the counseling process by agreeing to a minimum of six sessions. The change process does not happen overnight, and we believe you will benefit most by persevering. We also ask that, should you decide to cancel a scheduled appointment, you provide us with 24-hour notice. This allows us to serve other clients and to make the best use of our time.
Typical counseling in the Central Florida area costs anywhere between $85-125 per session. At Beholding & Becoming, we do not want cost to hinder anyone from receiving compassionate counseling. Our rates for private counseling sessions are based on what we believe is fair in terms of compensating our staff for their time and skill, while staying well below the average norm for this area.
- For each one-hour counseling session, we suggest a payment of $65. If you choose to pre-pay for a six-session package, we offer a discounted rate of $300.
- We desire that biblical counseling be accessible. Our rates may be adjusted based on income levels and/or other contributing factors. This is at the discretion of each counselor and our Board of Directors. With your permission, we may also come to an agreement about how to best provide you with financial assistance by dialoguing with your church leadership. *Please note that our scholarships are reserved primarily for those who attend one of our partnering churches. If funds are available beyond that, they will be dispersed on a case-by-case basis.
- An initial 15-minute phone consultation is offered free of charge.
- Payment is required at the start of your first session. Checks should be made payable to "Beholding & Becoming Counseling Services." Online payments may be posted here.
- If you attend one of our Partnering Churches, ask us about our reduced rates and scholarship options.
We look forward to coming alongside you with the hope and healing of God's Word. If you have additional questions, please don't hesitate to contact us.
In your beholding, may you become like him!